n addition to excelling in the gym and on fields, diamonds, golf courses and running tracks, St. Clair’s varsity athletes were terrific in the classroom during the 2018-19 school year.
Annually, the college’s administration (the office of Vice-President of International Relations, Campus Development and Student Services Ron Seguin) files a report with the Board of Governors (BofG), detailing “Athletic Performance Indicators”. That information was provided to the Board during its March 26th meeting.
This year’s data showed that:
• This year’s 190 varsity athletes had a collective Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.81;
• 80.4 percent of those athletes passed every course they took, and maintained a minimum GPA of 2.0 – thus achieving the minimal requirement to receive a $1,250 athletic scholarship per sport-semester;
• In athletic competition, the Saints achieved 109 wins, 73 losses and eight ties – a
very high winning percentage;
• In 2018-19 (year-to-date), Saints teams were ranked provincially 55 times, and
nationally 20 times.
• The various departments/programs comprising Saints Athletics brought in revenue totalling $2,436,949.
SEE ANOTHER BOARD OF GOVERNORS STORY, ABOUT A NEW COLLEGE RESIDENCE: http://stclair-src.org/news/need-know-news/second-rez-planned-windsor-campus
SEE ANOTHER BOARD OF GOVERNORS STORY, ABOUT THE COLLEGE’S 2019-20 BUDGET: http://stclair-src.org/news/need-know-news/international-enrolment-revenue-continues-bankroll-college-coming-year
SEE THE STORY ABOUT COLLEGE STAFFING RE-ORGANIZATION: http://stclair-src.org/news/need-know-news/faces-new-places