Photos by Mark Benoit
St. Clair honoured its “brightest and best” during the annual Alumni Of Distinction awards banquet in early-May.
Every year since 1992, the college has solicited nominations from the community for this honour, seeking high-achieving past graduates from the Schools of Technology, Community Studies, Health Sciences, Business, and Creative Art and Design, and a Recent Gradate (within the past five years).
The honourees also serve as guest speakers during the school’s Convocation ceremonies; and as St. Clair’s nominees for the province-wide Premier’s Awards, recognizing the achievements and contributions of graduates from Ontario’s college system.
The 2019 Alumni Of Distinction are:
• Recent Grad: Chantelle Bacon, Hairstylist 204, Co-Founder of the Fight Like Mason Foundation;
• Media, Arts and Design: Christopher Bozzetto, Tradigital Animation 2005, Lead Texture Artist of Toronto’s Soho VFX;
• Community Studies: Barb Brown, Early Childhood Education 1994, Executive Director of Connections Early Years Family Centre;
• Skilled Trades: Larry Koscielski, Combustion Technician 1983, Vice-President of Process and Technology Development of Centreline (Windsor) Limited, and Chairs of Windsor-Essex FIRST Robotics;
• Health Sciences: Justin Lammers, Paramedic 2005, Deputy Chief, Windsor-Essex EMS; and
• Business and Information Technology: Nicolas Seguin, Computer Science Technology–Information Systems 2001, Application Architect, Domino’s Pizza Corporate Headquarters, Michigan.
Speaking to the audience assembled for the awards banquet at the Centre for the Arts on May 10, College President Patti France said, “Let’s put this into perspective for our honourees – Chantelle, Christopher, Barb, Larry, Justin and Nicolas. Next month, by the conclusion of June’s Convocation ceremonies, St. Clair’s 52-year-old alumni family will have swelled to approximately 110,000 graduates. Of those, to-date, only 105 individuals have been named as Alumni Of Distinction. The six of you will bring that number to 111. If my math is correct, I believe that means that each of you represents a truly rare, truly admirable, truly award-worthy, one-in-a-thousand level of achievement.”